Working my thoughts out into (hopefully) coherent sentences.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

In the Interest of Time Conservation

To all doctors located in the Philippines:
For your convenience I will place here my half of that weird conversation we keep having at the beginning of my appointments. Please read it, and fill in your side of the conversation.

"No, I'm not Mongolian, I'm American. I just live in Mongolia."
"For about 2 years."
"I'm just visiting the Philippines. My husband taught a module course here for 2 weeks and now we are having our vacation."
"Yes, well I knew the Philippines had good medical care because I lived here for 2 years."
"That was three years ago."
"No, I didn't go straight from the Philippines to Mongolia. I was in the US for about a year-and-a-half in between."
"Yes, we'll only be here until the end of this week, so I'll need to have my follow-up appointment as soon as possible."
"We won't be going to the US yet. We have one more year in Mongolia."
"No, we won't be coming back to the Philippines. After one year in Mongolia we'll be back in the US for one year, then back to Mongolia. A year after that we might return to visit the Philippines."
"That's right, I may or may not be returning to the Philippines in 2013 or 2014."

Now we can begin my appointment with that weird look you give me after this conversation.
Thank you for your co-operation.

No comments:

Stat Counter

Followers